Please note that this knowledge portal is still under development.

In order to contest a tax payment, it is advisable first of all that the taxpayer lodges a complaint with the College of Mayors and  Aldermen  within  three  months  of  receiving the warning – extract from the roll. The municipality then has six months to    decide on the claim. In the absence  of  a  decision,  the  complaint  is  considered  as rejected.

The decision or absence of a decision by the municipality may then give rise to proceedings before the competent court of first instance to challenge the decision of the College of Burgomasters and Aldermen.

It is important to know that the submission of a claim to the municipality is a condition for the admissibility of the action before the  courts.

Courts Tribunal civil
Published on 11 July 2019
By viewing this page you agree to our terms & conditions.

We use technical cookies to ensure the proper functioning of the site, we also use cookies subject to your consent to collect visit statistics. Settings Accept

Tracking Cookies

We need this to streamline your experience on our website.