Obtaining compensation for damage of which I am the victim

Any person who suffers damage of any kind to his person or property has the right to obtain compensation from the person who caused the damage through his fault.

If the fault is of civil origin, in the absence of voluntary compensation by the person responsible, the injured party may turn to the civil courts.  If the fault constitutes an offence, the injured party may apply to the criminal courts.

The criminal court has jurisdiction to award compensation for damage caused by an offence only if the civil action is properly brought before it.

Related Topic Posts


We use technical cookies to ensure the proper functioning of the site, we also use cookies subject to your consent to collect visit statistics. Settings Accept

Tracking Cookies

We need this to streamline your experience on our website.